The New Zealand Wishbone Trust was set up in 1993. It merged with the NZOA Research Foundation in August 2018 to form the Wishbone Orthopaedic Research Foundation of New Zealand.
The Wishbone Orthopaedic Research Foundation of New Zealand is a registered charitable trust (CC21316) established in 2008 under the name Wishbone Trust.
The Foundation is an independent charitable entity governed by a board of trustees, with administrative support from the New Zealand Orthopaedic Association (NZOA).
The current Foundation Trustees are:
Sir Bryan Williams - Foundation Ambassador
Richard Keddell - Foundation Chair
Angus Wickham - Treasurer / NZOA Treasurer
Andrew Graydon - Secretary / NZOA Secretary
- Raise funds through sponsorship, fundraising, donations, contractual arrangements
& investments to support & promote research in orthopaedic surgery.
- Promoting and improve the orthopaedic services available to the people of New Zealand.
- Establish and provide facilities, projects, schemes and resources for orthopaedic research.
- Researching and establishing programmes and services either in or outside hospitals or
medical schools or other medical facilities for orthopaedic surgery generally.
- Dealing and collaborating with DHB’s or other Government Departments and Local
Authorities plus medical institutions, incorporations and societies or bodies to
promote research and awareness around orthopaedic surgery in New Zealand.
- Employing, training and creating work opportunities for researchers, lecturers, tutors
or teachers and other suitably qualified persons having or wishing to acquire the necessary expertise to teach and research and provide any service whatsoever in relation to the
foregoing objects and purposes.